Sunday, April 26, 2009

GSP FOR OIF

Over the past month, my fraternity Gamma Sigma Phi has been planning a charity softball tournament for the ACU community and for the OI foundation. It's amazing how much work and preparation goes into creating an event like this.

We had 16 teams sign up- 12 guys and 4 girls teams.
We started on Thursday afternoon and ended today at about 7 p.m. when both GSP and EOX won their respective championship games.We raised $1000 for OIF over the weekend through various donations, entry fees and giveaways which made this weekend a lot of fun.
I've never really been in charge of organizing a sporting event like this before so for me it was a blast to watch something that I had envisioned a few months earlier come to fruition. I just want to say thanks to all of the people that participated in the games and those who helped with the donations because it made a positive difference for OIF and the ACU community.

No comments:

Post a Comment