Tuesday, June 23, 2009

G-Lover Wins the Open

The U.S. Open is my favorite tournament to watch for several reasons. It has drama unlike any other and separates the men from the boys when it really counts. Lucas Glover was just a regular joe on the PGA Tour until Monday afternoon when he fought off Tiger and company to win The Open at Bethpage Black. He used his care-free demeanor to win his second career tournament and change his life forever.
To be honest, I wasn't too excited when Lucas won because I thought he was just some grouch who happened to get lucky. The latter may be true, but the former is as far as can be from reality. I became a huge Glover fan after watching him on "The Late Show with David Letterman" last evening because he basically just made fun of himself.
Here's the list:
10.I'd like to thank Tiger Woods for letting someone else win

9.I started playing golf in March.

8.I forgot my wedge yesterday, so I used a rake.

7.Honestly, I'm just glad to be out of the rain.

6.I had Phil Mickelson in the office pool.

5.Ladies, my last name isn't "Glover" -- it's "G. Lover"

4.I drive for show, I putt for dough.

3.Does anybody have a phone number for that Jon & Kate lady?

2.If there's anything more exciting than watching golf, it's ten lame jokes read by a guy who plays golf.


1.Even I have never heard of me.


Simply classic. I'm not sure which one I enjoyed more: watching Glover win The Open or watching him on Letterman. Probably the latter.


No comments:

Post a Comment