Thursday, January 8, 2009

Simply the Best

Tonight, for the second time in three years, the Sears Trophy was awarded to the Florida Gators . If you watched this game I think you would agree with me when I say that the game was not as close as the score indicated. The Urban Meyer led Gators won this game early in the first half.
I came into the game rooting for OU but as the game went on, I couldn't help but cheer for "Mr. College Football", Tim Tebow. The Heisman Trophy award winner from 2007 was clearly the best player on the field from the time he ran out of the locker room until he held up the crystal football as his teammates celebrated in front of him.

Tebow is the definition of a leader on and off the field because of his passion and intensity. You don't find many athletes these days that can "talk the talk and walk the walk," but that's exactly what Tebow has done ever since he became a Gator.

Here is my bold statement for the day: Tim Tebow will go down as the greatest college football player EVER.

I know that is bold but look at his resume:
96 Total Td's
6,390 passing yards
2,722 rushing yards
2007-Heisman Trophy Winner
2008- Heisman Trophy Finalist
2 National Championships- 2006 and 2008

With those credentials and a whole season in front of him...wow.

My prediction: Florida beats USC 31-24 in the BCS National Championship game and Tebow wins his 2nd Heisman Trophy and 3rd national title in four years.




No comments:

Post a Comment