Thursday, January 22, 2009

No Need for March Madness

On a week where there is no football on TV, I turned my attention to college basketball. I watched No.6 UNC vs. No. 9 Clemson and I think I found my pick in this year's tournament.
The game was fairly close through the first half with the Tar Heels going into halftime 45-40. I was expecting a great game that came down to the wire, but the Tar Heels showed why they are the best in the nation. Tyler Hansbrough and Ty Lawson shined in the 2nd half by combining for several game changing plays in route to a 94-70 blowout.
This starting five maybe the best college basketball has seen since the 2005 UNC team that took home the title. They have playmakers, depth and experience. Come tournament time, this team will shine and show why they are the best in college basketball.

My Prediction: UNC beats OU 77-68 for their 5th national title.

No comments:

Post a Comment