Thursday, January 1, 2009

GO BLUE?

Today is New Year's Day 2009 and I'm already looking forward New Year's Day 2010. Why you ask? The answer is because I am sitting here watching The Rose Bowl featuring USC vs. Penn State and my beloved Michigan Wolverines are sitting at home for the first time in 34 years during bowl season. Not only am I mad that Michigan was a no-show this year but this game is a joke - USC 31-7 in 3rd Quarter.  

USC and Florida are the best two teams in the nation. Period. Sorry OU.

I have loved the Wolverines ever since I was five years old. I lived in Flint, Michigan for five years during the era of "The Fab Five" and Desmond Howard's pose in the endzone. Michigan is a basketball state but they live and die with their football team on Saturdays. 

Anyways, as I sit here I wonder what the next 12 months will bring Rich Rodriguez and the "Champions of the West." 
My Prediction: 7-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment